hometapstoryprogresscontact

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wear It Wednesday - Skinny Jeans

I'm not exactly talking about the skinny jeans that squeeze every bit of you down to your ankles ( although, I do love wearing them, especially with boots in the fall). I'm talking about your personal pair of "skinny" jeans that I know all of us have! That pair of "one day", "I wish", "I used to fit in these", "I feel so hot" jeans. I have tried mine on numerous times, some sevens that I wore all the time my Sophomore year...in high school. After I blossomed, of course, no way I could or want to fit into kid's size jeans anymore.

Anyways, I tried mine on yesterday, along with another pair of William Rast's that I bought as 'goal pants' after I graduated with my Masters in Aesthetics. I was getting dressed to go run some errands with my husband the other day and slipped the latter pair of "skinny" pants on....




Needless to say, they didn't fit. Like, they weren't even cute at all! Saggy bum, dragging across the floor, literally hanging off me. I walked out to show my husband and his jaw dropped and saddened a little bit. He said, "oh no, I loved those pants. Those were my favorite on you." But he was quickly over it when he made me super happy by saying, "well, I guess we have to go get you some new ones!" Yes, please!

Then I went in and tried on the Sophomore year pants...


They totally fit, weren't even squeezing my sides which is always my problem area. Sadly, my style has changed since then so I don't really like them as much as I did years ago, but it still felt awesome! Putting those on and being able to tell my husband I haven't worn these since sophomore year, to which he replied, "of college?".."no, of HIGH SCHOOL", and to see his face was worth every bit of it. Not to mention the new jeans I will be getting soon;)! 

So make the decisions and take the actions that will get you into your "skinnies". There's not a better feeling! Every early morning, every skipped treat, every moment you wanted to stop, every sprint, every healthy meal you didn't feel like eating....Everything that feels like a sacrifice in the moment, PAYS OFF, and I know there is no way you will regret it!

via The After Picture on Pinterest


2 comments:

  1. loving the blog jamie! and way to go on the skinny jeans. so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm HOLY SKINNY MINNIE!!!

    ReplyDelete