hometapstoryprogresscontact

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Traveling

I flew in to Las Vegas late last night for a workshop I help out the company I used to work full time for prior to baby. Now, I just come to their once a month trainings to teach dentists and their teams how to holistically and effectively treat people with TMJ, headaches, migraines, head/neck pain, etc. Staying on track while on the road can be difficult, especially pulling long working hours when working out is the last thing you want to do sometimes and eating with the rest of the company so I don't get to choose where to go.

Here are some of my On-the-road TIPS:
-Take the stairs. If you don't have time for a workout, this is a great option. This trip, my room is on the 4th floor, so anytime I need to go down or back up to my room, I take the jaunt up the stairs and do it with some vigor to see how fast I can do it. Maybe the fact that I'm scared of stair wells helps me hurry my butt up them. Just keep moving.
-Be educated. The easiest way to throw off your hard work and results is through eating. It's SIMPLE to make things much healthier off pretty much any menu. Restaurants know of the allergies and dietary restrictions many people have, so they will customize things for you. Always get the sauces or dressings on the side. If you're super unsure, just find a grilled chicken salad type thing on the menu and get it stripped so it just has the veggies or fruit that comes on it with dressing on the side and dip your fork into it with each bite rather than pouring it on.
-Treat yourself once a day. It's no fun being the strict Stacy out of the group you're traveling with, you usually end of feeling deprived, and if you feel deprived, your hard work won't stick. So while you're out to lunch or dinner, eat a little something that's being shared that you really want, don't waste calories for crap that doesn't taste good! Ya know what I mean?! Just balance your decisions with healthy choices throughout the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment