hometapstoryprogresscontact

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tasty Tuesday

Want a healthier and protein packed version of a traditional favorite? These are the answer to my carb and sweet craving when I want something besides eggs or if I'm going to the gym in an hour or so, this is a great way to get the carbs you need for energy to fuel your workout. I seriously like these better than any pancakes, I don't know it it's the extra vanilla flavor from the protein powder and dash of cinnamon, but I'm obsessed with these things. Obviously, you can't go after the whole stack if you're wanting to slim down or maintain, but 1 of these before a workout or 2 of these for a meal with some fruit is a great meal too. I make the whole mix, then put the others in the fridge for later.

Makes 6 - 4 inch heavenly pancakes
1 1/2 Cup Kodiac pancake mix
1 scoop Whey CytoSport protein powder (just under level)
1 tsp cinnamon
just add water to preferred consistency (about equal parts pancake mix to water)
Top them off with whatever you want, healthiest option would be an Agave, then Honey, then a syrup. Just try to get something without additives, typically the more there are, the worse it is for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment