hometapstoryprogresscontact

Monday, December 31, 2012

Resolution

res·o·lu·tion

1. The state or quality of being resolute; firm determination.
2. A resolving to do something.
3. A course of action determined or decided on

I love family time. Last night we had a great family talk about goals, traditions, and resolutions (sad T-roy and Tammy weren't here). We were sharing some of our resolutions for the new year, and I have to admit, I haven't been set on mine yet, even though I have been trying to think of what it is I really want to accomplish and how I'm gonna make it happen. As it came my turn to share, I thought of it. I want to teach/train/instruct others. Not like a personal trainer, but more of a group fitness type environment that's not at your typical gym. I have been wanting to do some type of instructing for some time, starting back doing Les Mills classes in high school when I worked at a gym. However, I was too young to get the certification, then moved right after I graduated to an area where those specific classes were not offered anywhere close. Since that time over 5 years ago, my vision and passion for health and fitness have definitely evolved and the type of exercise and lifestyle I enjoy have changed as well. So do I know what exactly I want to instruct? No, but I will decide that in the next couple months and receive the proper training and certification to do so, THIS YEAR! 

I also just wanted to reemphasize the importance of finding what has clouded you from reaching your resolutions years past. I can tell you that this year will be a totally different one for me because I have made the connection emotionally, that it's not about 'losing weight' anymore. It's about being healthy and giving yourself and your body what it needs to feel the absolute best! It's not about sticking to a diet. It's not about fitting into a certain size. It's not about seeing a certain number on the scale. Those goals can be motivating during that time you're working for it, but when you 'mess up' on your way to a number, hope is lost most of the time and the feelings of inadequacy and failure can overtake you then or when it's happened over and over and over again. It gets too exhausting to fight against yourself, and it feels as though it would just be easier to not try because of the fear feeling like a failure. Trust me, I know how it feels. I would just encourage you to dig deep into your past and try to figure out what has caused the 'you're not worth it' emotion in you. Talk to those you need to to feel free. And if you want to talk to me first about it, know that I am so willing to do that! Let me tell you, you can have all the desire in the world to accomplish something, but until you truly recognize that you are worthy of feeling pride and accomplishment in yourself, there will not be a true change. The weight (or whatever it is) will come back and the failure feelings will haunt time and time again. Resolute to gain true resolution, and once and for all. I hope this is making some type of sense and it's not all jumbled as it seems to me while writing this. 

Hope you all have a great last day of the year and cant wait to see what 2013 has to offer!


1 comment:

  1. thanks for your thoughts on this!! Feelings of not feeling good enough, or worth it have definately been something that has been an inner battle for me for a long time. i so needed to read this today! You are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete