hometapstoryprogresscontact

Monday, December 10, 2012

Flashback


Flashback to my first time back in the gym after having Norah...I wrote this right after coming home that day, funny to remember all those feelings and how it seems so long ago. So proud of myself for sticking to it and accomplishing what I was telling myself back then. 

First time back Saturday May 26th

Ok…so today was so hard. Nick and I have been work out buddies for years now and I’ve always been able to keep up. That was not the case today! And it was beyond annoying and depressing. It was so crazy to do exercises and being all pumped to do them again, and ended up not being able to even do 1. Even though my mind wanted to do it 100%, my body was physically not able to. Exercises I used to be able to do 15+ reps, I couldn’t even do 2. My strength has not just dissipated, but GONE! Talk about seriously depressing! And on top of it all, I looked like a workout idiot for looking so weak and uncoordinated. I was in shock how much my strength had decreased! I left the gym feeling very defeated and annoyed. Annoyed at the fact that working out used to be fun because I could push my body to it’s limits without hurting myself, being able to not only complete the workout, but surprise myself and N by doing more than I had set out to do. It was fun being strong! Now, realizing it is going to be real WORK to get there again. Losing the baby weight is one thing, but regaining that muscle and endurance is TOUGH!! It’s annoying how you can be so disciplined for days, weeks, months, and lose the majority of that hard work like 75 times faster than it took to get there. Tangent:Like how you can be so good all week with the basics(eating and exercising) then give yourself a whole free weekend and whatever weight you lost magically reappeared on the scale Monday morning (reason why you don’t weigh yourself everyday and that weight is not how to measure health. More on those topics in their own posts later) 
It can all be very frustrating, so how do we make it fun again? How do I not want to kill myself before thinking about working out? How do I not let overwhelming feelings and frustration take over my emotions that lead to poor decisions? 
Ready for it…..?
Look at the positive! Sooo not what you wanted to hear, I know.
Focus on the exciting parts of starting fresh! Now there’s so many milestones to hit and look forward to! The feeling of a sprint not being 7.0, but 8.0..holding a plank for a minute easily and not for barely 30 seconds…busting out 20 pushups instead of a struggling 5…crushing your cardio time vs miles. Those accomplishments are what will make working out fun again! Set your goals and actually accomplish them! There’s nothing that feels better than achieving goals you set for yourself! Make mini goals every workout and day that will boost you! Let’s call them boosters instead of goals, because that’s what they do. They boost your self confidence, your day, and your drive to keep going! Come up with a boosts for yourself this week. Mini boosts for everyday, then a big boost to accomplish by the end of the week to propel you into the next week! 
via Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment