hometapstoryprogresscontact

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Healthy and Winter-y

I'm getting my wisdom teeth out today...lucky me! I've held off too long, so now you can see both my wisdom teeth really well and they're hurting. Hopefully I'll be coherent enough to post  tomorrow, but I make no guarantees. Maybe while the hubs is home taking care of me and Norah, he can do a little somethin' somethin' on here too ;)
If you're like me, you looove all the food that comes along with the cold season, but don't necessarily like how it makes you feel afterwards...I have found ways to this wintry heart to tummy happiness a couple ways and I wanted to share this one with you today! It is the EASIEST thing ever, so many serving to last a couple days (1 day if you're feeding Nick Hansen) but truly, a couple days for normal eaters, and tastes mmm mmm good!! Here is the quick and easy recipe that will warm up your body:) Nick informed me this morning that this needs to be something we make weekly for the rest of Winter, SOLD! 



(All Organic)
1 container chicken broth (32 oz)
2 chicken breast
2 cups chopped celery
2 cups chopped carrots
1/2 red onion
1/2 cup green onion
2 tsp minced garlic
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste (about 2 tsp each)
**optional - 1 cup brown rice

Prep: chop celery, carrots, red and green onions. Boil chicken for about 10 minutes, when cooked and white all the way through, drain and put chicken in a bowl to cool down a little bit. Once you are able to handle the chicken, shred it with your hands or 2 forks. Throw all ingredients into Crock Pot on low for 6 hours. 
**If you want to add some brown rice, do so 1 hour before serving.




2 comments:

  1. Hey Doll! How are ya? I saw that you had a blog from your instagram and had to check it out! You are doing such an incredible job with it!!! Thanks for sharing all these amazing tips and recipes. I have a few questions and didn't see if you had an email for your blog. So I will write my questions here. :) what is that oil you use in your smoothie recipe I think? Like what is it made out of and what does it do? Also what are in your "power balls" and how do u make them? Are you still breastfeeding while taking your protein powder? The powder I have says on the warning label that it's not meant for nursing women... Do you have any good recommendations for women who are still nursing and want to use protein powder?

    Thanks in advance for getting back to me! Keep up the good work!

    Xoxo,
    Princessa

    PrincessaGuthrie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! I'm doing great, thanks! How are you? Yeah, I dunno what happened to my header, I noticed the other day that my tabs are gone with my contact info:/? I'm gonna do a recipe post on the 'power balls'-they're awesome! The protein powder I use doesn't have anything on the label indicating that pregnant or nursing women shouldn't use it. Yes, I'm still nursing and Norah hasn't had any reactions to it at all. It's what I have pictured and it's just from costco. Udo's 3-6-9 Omega oil has multiple incredible benefits, just a bunch of organic, GMO-free Essential Fatty Acids that are crucial to a healthy balanced diet and proper body/brain function. You can put it in shakes as well as on top of salads. Let me know if you have any other questions!

    XOXo,
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete