hometapstoryprogresscontact

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Food week - Lunch

The hardest meal of the day for me to get in...sporatic schedules in every sense is usually what gets in my way of making this meal a real one and not just grabbing and snacking during the midday hours. So the thing I find most effective is throwing a bunch of stuff together in a blender and drinking it while I go about doing my tasks. Like I said, I've got some work to do because I know it's better to sit down and eat, but hey, it's more important to get whatever I can that is still healthy and keeps my metabolism going. So props to that! Celebrating the small things, right?

My favorite lunch concoction is a strawberry banana spinach smoothie. It's delish and packed full of the nutrients you need so you stay full for hours.


1 cup SO Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk
4-6 frozen strawberries
1/2 frozen banana
Handful of Spinach
1 scoop CytoSport protein powder (about 30 grams protein)
1 Tbsp Udo's Omega DHA Oil

Throw it all in a blender and mix it up! If you want it thicker, add a couple ice cubes. Thinner, add a little bit of water.

Here's the products I use that aren't as self-explanitory as bananas, strawberries, and spinach (get Organic). Vanilla Protein from Costco: $48.99 and it lasts forever. SO Delicious Coconut milk from Sprouts: $3. Udo's Oil from Sprouts: about $28 and lasts a couple months. 


The Sprouts items you can get from basically any health food store, Sprouts and Good Earth are just the ones we have in our area, and they carry them at both. I know Whole Foods, Trader Joes, any of those places would have them too. 

And again, I'll be doing a menu for more lunch options/recipes, so be on the look out for them:)





No comments:

Post a Comment