hometapstoryprogresscontact

Thursday, March 14, 2013

We all need a treat...

Sometimes the hubs and I go off about what sounds really yummy to eat, almost always the crappy food that sounds good. Last night we were driving home (around 10 pm) and we both were so hungry. We started listing off the things we could shove our faces with when we passed In-N-Out and my mouth immediately watered as I thought of how amazing fries and a strawberry shake would taste right about then. As we continued night dreaming of all the tasty/horrible-for-you foods we wanted right then our conversation turned a little bit. I told him, "I think some people think that healthy eaters/bodies never eat 'bad foods' or don't crave them so it's not a struggle. But this is the thing, I crave 'bad food' EVERY DAY! It's all about choices and learning that even though it sounds good and tastes good in the moment, I NEVER feel good after indulging."Of course I indulge here and there, some of it just tastes too good to pass up, I get that I promise. But, there is definitely something to said and power in the moments when you practice self control, discipline, and take steps in reaching your goals and achieving them. THAT is what I think about in those moments of weakness.

We all need a treat though, and I need something every day that satisfies my super sweet and carb-y tooth. If I'm desperate, I'll have one of my ThinkThin bars, but I don't like having more than one of those a day so I've been in need to actually go to the store and come home to make something super tasty sweet. I think I may have found it. I'm pretty much obsessed with Heidi Powell, and she posted a recipe for Power Peanut Butter Fudge that I'm going to try out today. I will let you know how it goes and how much it takes that craving off.

If they taste half as good as they look, I think they'll be a winner....like, are you kidding? These look AMAZING!!!


1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! I can never get enough of your cute blog!! I love how real and open you always are.
    I swear I have made these protein bars ever since I saw the recipe. I do a little different version of Heidi's recipe and then I roll them into small "power balls". De-lish! I'll eat two small balls before my morning crossfit class and then some later for when I need a dessert!
    So what's really your secret to getting as toned as you have? Like how many times a week do you work out, for how long, what's your regular work out like, what's your diet like, how many calories do you take in, ect. Haha I know that's a lot of info but I'm totally amazed by your dedication. You are sooo inspirational I just wanna hit the gym this minute!
    Thanks in advance for your answers. :) keep up the good work!

    Xoxo,
    Chessa

    ReplyDelete