hometapstoryprogresscontact

Monday, March 11, 2013

Step Out

Wow,,,what a weekend I just had. I am drained physically, excited, nervous, and a bit overwhelmed emotionally, but I made it. Learning new things in an exposed and intimidating environment is probably the scariest thing to me. I really don't get embarrassed easily, I can laugh at myself, momentary scares don't bother me, but what I did this weekend scared the crap out of me (almost literally). I was in a room full of practicing and experienced instructors of the Xtend Barre method and had to teach on the spot in front of them. I literally saw it taught once, then was given the assignment to do it, and had to do it with each segment we learned...it(I) was awful. If it wasn't so apparent that I was the ONLY one in the room that had NO experience instructing then maybe it might not have been so bad, but it was very scary and intimidating. It was so overwhelming (and still is) to think of what I have to do and learn before I can even think about being efficient at instructing this method of fitness. It took everything in me not to break down now knowing the structure of weekend and how I would be humiliating myself over and over again. The second day was much better and I had practiced my piece over and over and just could not get it I was so exhausted from working out for hours and hours. It's going to take A LOT more time and A LOT more practicing to really get efficient at this whole thing but I am SO EXCITED and determined to do it!

The workout.....INCREDIBLE!!!! I seriously think my butt lifted about 3 inches in those 2 days! It is AAHHHMAZING and I cannot wait to get started! I really feel like it is a perfect compliment to the cardio and workouts I already do. It is so fine toning and sculpting that it gives that tightness to every inch of your body. I haven't felt jiggly at all and during the workout just got so excited because I could tell it was giving that missing piece to my fitness that will really help me achieve the long, lean, toned body even more and tons quicker. Your body literally has resistance against it the entire hour and every little muscle is constantly engaged and working. i was DRIPPING sweat and my entire body feels it, like not the big muscles so much as all the little ones I can feel all around the larger muscles. I can't wait to share more with you!

The moral of the story is...COME TO MY CLASS when I start teaching (i'll let you know when that is) and STEP OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE! Do something, big or little, that gets you waaayy out of it. You will feel empowered, strong, and capable. I promise. Have a fabulous Monday!




2 comments:

  1. I'm soooo excited for you! I can tell that this is something you're ready for & I can't wait to take a class from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ti 89 titanium calculator - titanium-arts.com
    It is a complete calculator and titanium wire calculator for any type benjamin moore titanium of skill, regardless of skill level. It men\'s titanium wedding bands has a number of interesting and silicone dab rig with titanium nail interesting aspects such is titanium expensive as probability of winning,

    ReplyDelete