hometapstoryprogresscontact

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Pay Off

Nothing feels better than moving towards your goals. Period. Especially when it's required hard work, endless moments of motivating yourself, time, and dedication.

I got my body fat tested back in September and was finally able to get it tested again to see my measurable results. At EXL Fitness, they use the most accurate manual form of body fat/muscle mass testing by using calipers. Essentially, the calipers pinch your fat in 4 or 7 different areas and it shows in millimeters how much fat it can pinch...best way to describe it haha. I have been anxious/scared to get it retested because of the nervousness it stirs inside me to want to see great results, but knowing I had been slacking off quite a bit for the last 3 weeks because of the holiday treats and other health issues that made it impossible for me to exercise. Not a good combo to happen right before body fat testing to say the least. So, onto the exciting and fun stuff! I took a picture of the paper we wrote it down on, although looking at it meant nothing to me until I understood what it all meant. I won't bore you with what each thing means, but spotlight the important ones and celebrate it, because after all, it is something to celebrate. Being proud of my accomplishments is a new thing for me - and it feels good.


9/8/12 
Weight - 144.5 lbs
Body Fat % - 26.08%
Fat Mass (lbs) - 37.69 lbs                                                       TOTALS
Lean Body Mass (muscle) - 106.81 lbs                                    -6.5 LBS
                                                                                                 -8% BODY FAT                      
                                                                                                 -12.91 LBS OF FAT
                                                                                                 +6.41 LBS OF LEAN MUSCLE
1/7/13                                                      
Weight - 138 lbs 
Body Fat % - 17.95%
Fat Mass - 24.78 lbs
Lean Body Mass - 113.22 lbs        

I was SHOCKED when I saw these numbers! To lose almost 13 lbs of straight up fat while adding over 6 lbs of lean muscle is not what I was expecting at all! It's practically a given that when you lose weight a portion of that will be a loss of muscle as well, but the fact that muscle was actually gained while losing that much fat is incredible, especially while breastfeeding because that definitely does not build muscle. I couldn't be happier and more proud of the results I'm seeing at EXL . Their methods straight up WORK. They are doing a team 2013 Contest that starts on January 14th that's a killer deal and awesome motivator to get you fast-tracked to your fitness goals. You do it with a team of 4 and it's 6 weeks long. I would be more than happy to do it with anyone who is interested! Or if you just wanna go try it out, go to their homepage and click the "FREE TRYOUT" button to go in and get a real feel for what you can expect there. Let me know if you're going and I'll plan to meet you there!    

No comments:

Post a Comment