hometapstoryprogresscontact

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Emotional Eating part 2

So yesterday morning was a little a rough...obviously. Haha, thanks for dealing with my rant. I just wanted to be completely honest, and share how every day is not perfect (not even close) and that is all about recognition. Some of you may not even turn to food like I do in times of stress. It could be anything, but the most important thing is to recognize in those moments why you're turning to your "food". Somewhere in between the chips and Oreos, I started to recognize what I was doing, but wasn't sure why yet so I kept going. Then a little further in to the Oreos, it was coming together and I knew I just needed to step away and get it out, so I did that by splurging it all on here. Once I finally stepped back and just took a deep breath to gather my thoughts and figure out what it was I was really feeling, I understood and knew that going to more food was just going to make me feel worse. 

All of this emotional eating stuff happens on a subconscious level mostly when we are feeling any kind of negative emotions-denied, lonely, sad, repressed, stressed, loss, bored. If you don't address and recognize these feelings that can lead to feelings of unworthiness, low self-esteem, cravings, and excess weight gain just to name a few. The only way to get over it is to recognize when it happens and then STOP AND REMOVE YOURSELF. Once you've done that, just take minute and look a little deeper at what you're feeling so you can identify why you were lead to your "food". Now, you'll be able to actually emotionally heal so emotional eating can be resolved. I'm not saying it will never happen again, hello, it just happened to me yesterday! But learning to deal with it healthily and recognizing it, it will happen less and less. 


No comments:

Post a Comment