hometapstoryprogresscontact

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Emotional eating

It's 10:30 am, I've been awake since 6:15 thanks to my lovely daughter and I've successfully scarfed down a banana, toast with honey, two pancakes, enough chips to equal the size of at least a small bag, half a mango, and 6 Oreos...dang, I must have woken up super hungry, right? Normally all I need is a piece of fruit and some egg whites...what happened? 
Emotions is what freakin happened, you don't eat this way out of hunger or because something tastes good. Do you understand that? You don't just go looking for food that doesn't fuel your body and blindly eat when you're happy and sure of yourself. That happens when something is in the way and you don't feel like dealing with it, it just seems easier to stuff some food to make you "feel better". Come on, there's a reason in movies and real life that when a break up happens you always turn to your girls and junk food. 
So what happened to me today? Well, I slept horrible, my ears are so full I can hardly hear, I have a sore throat, runny nose, my daughter has been waking up early for weeks now and it's bugging me because I don't know what to do, my milk supply is dwindling fast out of no where, and I have some kind of pinched nerve or something in my neck that is killing me and has put me at the end of my health straw to keep me from exercising so I don't make any of my sickness or ailments worse. Thats what's making me angry this morning. I killed it last week and was feeling great finally being able to make it to the gym everyday and working hard, then Sunday I wake up with sickness again and I'm so sick of it! I just want to feel normal again. So when I woke up today with this neck thing I about lost it. Then, when I was eating my fifth Oreo the idea popped in my head I just needed to get it out and share my frustrations so if there is someone out there that experiences this same thing, you don't feel alone. Then I let the idea fully sink in after I ate just one more Oreo. Thanks for being my therapist.

No comments:

Post a Comment