hometapstoryprogresscontact

Friday, November 2, 2012

Workout of the Day

This is what I made my husband do along with me today, and let's just say...it killed him. It's a simple workout, but trust me, it works your WHOLE body! Best of all, you only need a few simple things and  can do this pretty much anywhere. Plus, you'll be hurting and thanking me later.

All you'll need is two weights/something around your house that works. I used two 10 lb. plates at the gym and stacked them to do all these exercises. If you're starting off, just use a total of 10 lbs or whatever you can do.

Do 20 reps of each exercise repeat 4x
Bicep curls - use both hands and curl up weight
Squats - hug the weight as you make 90 degree angles with your knees, making sure to sit hips back
Shoulder Press - start with weight under the chin, and fully extend your arms overhead
Split Squat Lunges - hug weight, make two 90 degree angles with both knees, do 1 leg each set
Tricep Extensions - hold weight behind head, biceps next to your ears, extend overhead
Burpees (no weight) - go down to plank position, jump legs forward, hands overhead and jump

I dare you to do all 4 rounds with no breaks. Keep a timer going while you do it and set a goal for your finish. My time today was 16:34, how 'bout that for an efficient workout? If you're feeling even more daring, do a 90 second all out sprint as a bonus!



No comments:

Post a Comment