hometapstoryprogresscontact

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Current Post-Workout Obsession

If you're like me, after getting your trash kicked, the last thing I want is something hot and heavy (wish I could think of another way to describe it). What I'm meaning is - I want something cold and don't feel like chewing, I'm still trying to catch my breath! Protein smoothies are a really easy, quick, and yummy way to get the nutrients you need after a killer sweat sesh. I can't even explain all the reasons why it is SO IMPORTANT to fuel and refuel your body no more than 45 minutes after a workout. That is when your body's cells eat up everything and they need to be replenished. This one is simple and seriously tastes like a milk shake! If you're craving ice cream when my sweet tooth hits majorly around 4 or later, mix up one of these bad boys and you'll be fuller longer and satisfy that craving, at least a little bit:)

1 cup SO Delicious Vanilla Coconut Milk
4-6 frozen strawberries
1/2 frozen banana
1 scoop CytoSport protein powder (about 30 grams protein)
1 Tbsp Udo's Omega DHA Oil

Throw it all in a blender and mix it up! If you want it thicker, add a couple ice cubes. Thinner, add a little bit of water. And if you want to make this in the middle of the day as more of a meal replacement, add a big ol handful of spinach!



Here's the products I use that aren't as self-explanitory as bananas and strawberries. Vanilla Protein from Costco: $48.99 and it lasts forever. SO Delicious Coconut milk from Sprouts: $3. Udo's Oil from Sprouts: about $28 and lasts a couple months. 


The Sprouts items you can get from basically any health food store, Sprouts and Good Earth are just the ones we have in our area, and they carry them at both. I know Whole Foods, Trader Joes, any of those places would have them too. 

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment